Saturday 4 July 2015

Past the breaking point.



So, after my first battle, that ended in a defeat, I took to the air with my Stuka one more time. My reward? Well, I finally crossed over the threshold of experience to advance up to the next tiered aircraft. Before I made that purchase, I took a look at how well I did with this tier V German Attack Aircraft....


Ugh, I guess I didn't do so hot in it, after all. Perhaps I will just hold on to it, saving me to re-buy it a later date, to "fix" those numbers, if I can.


Nevertheless, I retain my Stuka crew for their new ride, the tier VI Junkers Ju 88 P. I felt pretty good about the fact I progressed to this point in the German line and hoped I would fair better than the plane I was leaving behind.


Not only was the first battle a disaster, it set a precedent that would follow me through out the rest of my gaming session....


....despite my best efforts, I just couldn't either pull off a win, or contribute in any significant way for my team to collect those victory rewards. I shot down a few aircraft along the way, didn't make any difference. I blasted away at ground targets, for nothing. I even had one match where one of my teammates gave off the impression they were afraid to fire their weapons at enemy aircraft!


I stubbornly/stupidly kept on clicking the "Battle" button, with the hopes the next sortie would bring me a good team to be on, a bad team to fight, or that "magic moment" where my skills and the newest addition to my hangar would just all come together.

Now, I have had losing streaks before, even worse than what I experienced today. However, I have been looking for any kind of a sign to take a break from World of Warplanes for sometime now. For a long list of reasons, that have culminated over a very long period of time now, this is enough to warrant a vacation from the skies.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't a "goodbye", more of a "cya later".

No comments:

Post a Comment