Thursday 18 June 2015

Things I have done and about to do.


During my absence, I took a hard, long look at what I have accomplished in World of Warplanes and why I make the choices I did. First, I gave a lot of thought of cutting out some projects I had started and the one that was the hardest to let go was my Premium Aircraft Guide on the forums http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/25302-a-quick-guide-to-premium-aircraft/

One of the reasons I walked away from that was, I grew tired of attempting to collect all of the planes when they became available. At first, it was rather easy to earn the aircraft though ingame events and as time passed, those events become more progressively difficult. It's not that I wasn't up to the challenge, it was I didn't have the extra time to spare to try anymore. A case in point....


The Ar 197 was a tier IV premium German biplane offered as part of a pre-order package, over a year ago now. Back then and from those who own one to this day, it is still a formidable aircraft. Same could be said for the tier IV premium Curtiss P-36C....

 

Those are tempting offers to be sure, since these aircraft are rarely seen these days, but two things stopped me from trying for either, even before I got started.

First, I don't need another lower tiered premium Fighter/Multi-Role/Heavy Fighter to join the ranks of many other earned/purchased aircraft I don't fly anymore, on a regular basis. I have enough "Hangar Queens" over the almost two years of playing. And, this is Planes not Pokemon, I am not interesting on "catching them all", despite my coincidental collection.

Plus, they wouldn't fit into my revised plan of action, something I will talk about in a bit.

Second, I just don't have the time. 125 nation specific aircraft have to be shot down while flying one one aircraft of choice. Really? Looking at the population numbers at random times during the day on the North America server isn't lending much luck in my favor. While I have read about some players who have pulled one and/or both rewards off, I will just tip my hat to them and carry on.

For me, a game is supposed to be a pastime of entertainment, not a time consuming, unpaid job over and above other daily activities and responsibilities. Sitting for that many hours, my body just can't take that anymore (even with getting up and stretching the kinks out).

So, here is what I have decided to do, moving forward through Planes. All of my current grinds through out the nations is on hold, save for one; Germany. I am at tier V with the Junkers Stuka and slowly progressing towards the Junkers Ju 88 P at tier VI. My focus will be to climb up the German Attack Aircraft line, with a minor detour to....


....the tier III premium Commonwealth GA, Wirraway. I have this feeling that the Wirraway is a forerunner to a partial or complete British Attack Aircraft line that could be coming in the near future and if/when that happens, I will have a good crew to man those planes. And speaking of good crews....



....both tier III premium Ha 137's will be making appearances, to at least add some extra skill potential to the German GA pilot, as I progress up the line (neither aircraft as the option for a rear gunner).


The only exception to my "no more lower tiered premium aircraft" policy would be the tier II premium German Attack Aircraft, Fieseler Fi 98. Part novelty, part practicality, I want this plane as part of my plan for progressing up the German line. However, two things will determine if I will get one or not; if it's offered through some ridiculous, over the top requirements mission (time constraints are a factor, as well) and/or a "what were they thinking" overpriced package.


Another plane I am waiting for, with baited breath, the tier VIII premium French GA, SNCAC NC 1070. I might pick this up during the "near the end of the year" holiday special, if offered.



Now, before you think I will just sequester myself to solely flying GA's, I won't. As soon as my other aircraft start to have their "birthdays" and I am around, those planes will be taking to the air in an attempt to collect those rewards.


A little long winded, but that it my plan for now and the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment