Sunday 19 April 2015

Island Excursion, my showcase destination.


The British Columbia Aviation Museum is located on the grounds of the Victoria International Airport, at 1910 Norseman Road. I found out this place the last time I came to the island, over a year ago, but the opportunity to go then just didn't happen. Now, it was my whole point and purpose for coming this time around.






Once again, after reading the plaque, I bowed my head and closed my eyes, my inner voice thanking all those who served and those who are making the effort to make sure history is preserved and isn't forgotten.





Hanging from the lobby ceiling, a small scale example of just one of the planes I came to see, so let's start with that in full scale....


....as explained to me by my son. I listened, but the displays carried much more information....









The North American Harvard, also known as the Texan, is not currently in World of Warplanes. For the most part, it was an unarmed trainer used by American, Commonwealth and other foreign forces. However, it's armed Australian cousin, the CAC CA-1 Wirraway was recently introduced as a premium ground attack aircraft at tier III. Here is some more of the Harvard, as taken by me...







I wasn't too surprised on the size of the aircraft itself, seems the Wirraway, as modeled in the game, was close enough to meet my real world expectations. I spent a fair amount of time walking around this aircraft, allowing my mind to absorb as much as it could from this experience. However, I had to leave room for a few more exhibits of interest....


My son and I leaning on a 3/4 scale Spitfire. Here is the backstory on this unfinished labor of love....





Thank you Mr. Noren and rest well.





In World of Warplanes, the Supermarine Spitfire enters the game at tier V in the British tech tree. A purchasable premium captured German version can be found at tier VI. Here is more of this replica that captures the very essence of this real British warhorse....









It was a lot to take in, when we first got there, but there was more yet to come. I will share that and more, very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment