Thursday 7 May 2015

Adventures on the 1.8 Common Test server.


One of the new features being tested out on the Common Test server is aircraft birthdays. Simply put, the longer you hold onto any aircraft, be it a premium or a tech tree version, you have the opportunity to collect some interesting rewards. However, there is a catch....


....you have to earn them. Through a series of limited time Missions, experience and credit modifiers to emblems can be awarded. Some look easy, but considering the low population numbers of the North America server, taking into account most of the variables, some might take longer to complete than expected.


Another Mission detail, you can earn a special medal for your profile if you complete a series of seven tasks from the "All" tab. Be sure to look for the ones that appear to be fairly difficult, like shoot down three enemy aircraft flying a tier IV-VI Japanese Fighter.


Yeah, don't ask....


At the time of this posting, none of the tier VIII premium aircraft were available to the general public for purchasing and/or testing. I found that to be very unfortunate. I did however come across one promotional/reward aircraft that has yet to make an appearance in the NA server, through a similar process....


I did take the advantage of test flying an aircraft that I have been very curious about, since the 1.7 update was applied to the NA server....


....and I am glad I did, in this environment. It would seem this aircraft and I are....incompatible.

That's all for now, more to come, should I find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment