Friday 15 May 2015

Lady Luck, I want to kiss you right about now.


In the past, if the conditions are in my favor, my tier V premium Soviet Attack Aircraft IL-2 (mod.) has been my go to plane for attempting Missions. Rugged and reliable, this plane can take a lot of punishment from opponents. Think of it as a flying Heavy Tank from Work of Tanks.

However, there are tradeoffs, such as poor maneuverability, lacking climb rate and it's a big, popular target in most matches, just to name a few.

Despite all of that and more, this aircraft has served me well. In fact, when I first looked at the War Cache requirements, I brought this plane back from semi-retirement in my attempt to complete as much as I could with it. And, the surprises are only beginning....


Take at look at that. To get the Quick Shot achievement, a player has to destroy two enemy aircraft in succession, without teammates destroying any before you can do it yourself. I have done this before, partly because of luck, partly because my opponents under/overestimated their  chances. Destroy the last remaining 3 aircraft. Once again, I have pulled this off too, but I was sweating the entire time during that endevour. Obviously, the direction of what I am talking about, including that screenshoot, means I accomplished this, so here it is....




As much as I want to say "yeah, all skillz baby", it wasn't. Okay, some of it was experience coming into play, but I got lucky that the enemy team made no attempts to over power me. Plus, the remaining foes were all in a pretty wounded state near the end and with me at nearly full health, it could have gone badly for my team just as easily.

Now, I was going to turn the replay into a Youtube video, but to recapture the moment with after-the-fact commentary would just won't work. So instead, here is the replay file, to view at your leisure.

Replay: http://wowpflights.com/replays/download/721/

*Note* To view a replay, the latest version of World of Warplanes must be installed. To view, save the replay to whatever your download location is and right click, select "Open With" option and choose WorldOfWarplanes.exe. The game will load and render the downloaded replay.

No comments:

Post a Comment