Friday 1 May 2015

Playing the waiting game.

 The month of May has started and the Gold event in World of Tanks has begun. I first talked about it here http://wowpquesnel.blogspot.ca/2015/04/drive-tank-to-earn-gold-for-planes.html and frankly, I couldn't wait for it to start. With World of Warplanes going through a dry spell, of what I would consider to be worthwhile specials and events, I knew that keeping a game I hardly play much, would pay back some kind of dividends.

 Opening balance and vehicle selected. I had this feeling my premium tier VII Soviet Tank Destroyer SU-122-44 might have been a good choice to attempt collecting some extra Gold. I bought this tank, long time ago now and had mixed results with it, still trying to figure out how to use it more effectively and consistently. Excellent damage, when the shots hit right and very good straight-line speed, but the lack of turret, poor armor and "speed bleed" while turning was going to be the tradeoff's.


Closing balance and end of my session. The SU-122-44 didn't fail to deliver, I believe I chose wisely. After the closed out Tanks, I opened up my World of Warplanes client, to see if there was going to be any event there, since the last one was a long time time ago now....
Well now, isn't that interesting. In 7 days, shoot down 100 enemy aircraft (waiting to see what the restrictions will be, when the event becomes active) and collect a I-7! So, just what is an I-7?

Oh? If you want to read more about it, have a look here http://worldofwarplanes.com/warplanes/ussr/i-7/

No comments:

Post a Comment