Monday 18 May 2015

Impass.



Up until now, I have been rather surprised with my results during this War Cache event, but now I have hit that proverbial roadblock. Despite MatchMaker coming up with adequately populated battles, seems I am not collecting on the requirements to advance further. While I have been landing some very devastating shoots and getting out as much damage as I can, it hasn't been enough to secure the results I am looking for.

Couple that with "eagle eyed" teammates who just happen to be at the right place, at the right time and bank in on some of my efforts. Normally, I really won't care so much, just doing my part for the increased chance of our team winning. However, with these individual requirements to be completed, before moving onto the next stage? Let's just say I am getting a little irritated.

I had high hopes, once the momentum had started, that my chances for collecting most, if not nearly all, the event tokens would have continued. Meh, always has to be a wretch in the works somewhere, I suppose. I will keep trying, but I do have a backup plan.


As of right this moment, I have 110 tokens collected, having only spent one on the "Wheel of Fortune"....


....picking up these two items, a pneumatic restarter for which I have a surplus of and a funky Picasso-styled emblem....


Anyways, where was I? Oh right, 110 tokens now and by collecting 2 more for Daily Logins, should net me at least another 12, for a grand total of 122 tokens.


Now, the event does come with another little bonus. On top of collecting tokens from completing the Missions, the opportunity to buy them at 50 Gold for 1 token could be used to substitute the lack of progress. In World of Tanks, a similar system was used for another event.

So, if all I got for the next week was just my calculated 122 tokens, that would be over half off two out of the three premium tier VIII's being offered. Here is how I broke the math down....

Me 109 TL = 230 tokens - 122 tokens = 108 tokens. 108 tokens = 5400 Gold (around a 53% discount).

LA-11         = 238 tokens - 122 tokens = 116 tokens. 116 tokens = 5800 Gold (around a 51% discount).

J8M             = 250 tokens - 122 tokens = 128 tokens. 128 tokens = 6400 Gold (around a 49% discount).

In almost 4 years of playing World of Tanks, I have never seen a high tiered premium ingame vehicle discounted more than 50% (not saying it never happened, I just never saw it). With these new planes coming to World of Warplanes, even if I don't progress any further, the savings alone would be more than worth it. Granted, I would have to use real world money to supplement my completion of this event, or would I?


Since the beginning of the month, I have found the time to login to World of Tanks and fought my way to being in the top ten in experienced earned, collecting the maximum of 30 Gold per day. I started May with 6983 Gold, my total today is 7523 Gold. Builds up quickly, doesn't? I had this feeling, once Unified Accounts came, linking the first two titles together, that it would come in handy having some kind of activity going on.

However, there could be a last minute surprise, of sorts....

"After the event, the War Cache menu will disappear. You will be compensated for whatever tokens you have left at that point. The amount and type of compensation will be announced at a later point when we’re closer to the end of the event."

Source: http://worldofwarplanes.eu/news/war-cache/

So, I will wait until the last minute before making my move. Funny thing, I have already made my choice on which of the aircraft I would be picking up too, even got the content collected for the post, if I went through with it.

Still, I am curious to see what the vague-for-now surprise could be....

No comments:

Post a Comment