Sunday 24 May 2015

War Cache made it worth it.


After cashing in on the once-in-a-lifetime deep discount, I have put my first tier VIII premium aircraft into my hangar. So, was it worth it? Well, here are the first three battles with it....




The very first battle was a "successful failure", the success is from the fact my team pulled off the win. The failure, I didn't do much of anything, poor choices lead to my poor performance. Still, despite all of that, I didn't lose my shirt in the encounter.




While I did somewhat better this time around, the results were not enough to help with the win for my team. I had to get my head into the game and get a real feel for this plane.




Now, this is what I was wanting to happen, from the first battle. I secured a rocket kill on the enemy IL-8 and really had the opportunity to spread around as much damage as I could. The credit earnings alone made my jaw drop, considering my highest tiered premium aircraft, before now, was only tier VII....




The whole point of high tiered premium ingame assets in the WarGaming titles is for crew training through extra experience gained from battles and for increased credit generation over their regular tech tree counterparts. I have never had a game that has delivered the same results from my Me 262 that was even on par with the Me 109 TL.

The Meteor, on the other hand, has been a disappointment in the premium department. I have yet to have "one of those battles" where it's "special status" has really shone through. Granted, I didn't fly it anywhere as close to how it should be, but neither did I with the 109 TL. Then, there was the XP-75 Eagle....




....where I lost credits due to my own dismal performance. I am sure there are players out there, right now, who could produce screenshots of stellar games with fantastic returns on these tow aircraft. But, to not break even on a loss? The way I see it, all I have to do is show up to a battle in my tier VIII TL and it's "money in the bank" while I have to work both my tier VII Meteor and XP-75?

I dunno about you, but something seems a little wrong to me, about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment