Friday 8 May 2015

Finding the merits of a reward.

All across the WarGaming titles, there is specials and events taking place. I spent most of my morning playing World of Tanks, collecting on the potential 30 Gold per day Mission. Plus, I also had the best game in my most underrated and underestimated tank....




Now, I can't and won't take all of the credit for this, I had a great team who made this happen for me.


For a brief period of time tomorrow, the last of the 60 days "log in to collect" premium tier VI Soviet Tank Destroyer SU-100Y should be given out. Unfortunately for me, I will not be getting one from that event, since I took a vacation during this event and don't posses that obsessive trait to have found a way to continue while being absent from my computer. Oh well, that's how it will go, I suppose.

Despite that, I have acquired a number of other rewards along the way, premium equipemnt for tmy tanks of varying tiers, Gold payout for already owning the tier II T7 Combat car, a premium American Light Tank and much more. If I had the drive, I collect even more....


The next serial Mission is this, win 15 battles for being in the top 10 for experience earned (conditions apply), then move to the next stage; start over and collect 50,000 experience (once again, certain conditions) and the final phase, win one more battle and receive a tier II Soviet Light Tanks called the Tetrarch, or the discounted gold value equivalent (if I am reading things right). From my eyes, this is very achievable within the four day time limit. I will explain why I think this, after this next section....


 The Mission for World of Warplanes is this; shot down 25 enemy aircraft (I don't see any restrictions) and collect some premium consumables. Then do that four times, for a total of 100 enemy aircraft destroyed for a tier II Soviet Fighter, the I-7. Once again, four days to do it.

For the second time since I have started playing Planes, I am not even going to bother with this event. In fact, I would choose the Tanks promotion over this. Why, you might ask? Simply put, population.

Right now, if I were to login to Tanks, fire up my highest damage dealing ingame vehicles, I am pretty sure I could met or even exceed the Mission requirements to collect the rewards, with a very short waiting time between the actions. Not bragging, but with fuller matches, the pinatas are everywhere (even me, being a target for somebody else to collect their requirements).

With Planes, not only would it take a whole lot longer, the glacial hangar wait times, the somewhat more reasonable sitting in queue and finally entering battles with severely understrength teams, if you go over your 25 enemies destroyed daily quota, the extras don't count for the next series.

As much as I really don't want to say this, but no thanks. All of that restricted effort, to collect a low tiered premium aircraft, to join the ranks of other, previously acquired low tiered reward aircraft that I don't have a desire to use?

However, as I have done before, I will tip my hat to those that attempt this event and put a I-7 in their hangar.

No comments:

Post a Comment